Sayles Ranch Guest Houses
The original Sayles Ranch Guest House opened at 1001 Sayles Boulevard 20 years ago. Since then, other properties have been added and sold individually, leaving a short-term-stay portfolio of 8 properties that are listed to sell. In those two decades, hundreds of guests and regional publications have recognized that Sayles Ranch Guest Houses go the extra step with a level of furnishings and design in each guest house. With the purchase of these 8 properties, an investor is purchasing 20 years of hospitality along with the recognizable brand and web address saylesranch.com.
MLS listings constrain how a broker can describe any property. This limit is woefully insufficient when describing the personal touches and interior design choices made by the seller for the Sayles Ranch Guest Houses. For this reason, Barnett & Hill has a dedicated page for this offering that provides a comprehensive set of images for each unit. This is to help the buyer assess each unit and see that this is, indeed, a luxury, turn-key, short/mid-term rental hospitality opportunity.
Each property has a different design and identity. Names come from themes (like the law-book-clad Downton Abbey or clean aesthetic of Mad Men), local history (a meteor fell in the backyard a month before the purchase of Falling Star Lodge and the Dance Hall was once a ballet studio), or location (like the secluded, back house Hideout or the eponymous Sayles Ranch, named for Abilene's historic residential boulevard).
Out-of-town guests and locals needing a short-term-stay option aren't the only people that recognize the uniqueness of the Sayles Ranch Guest Houses. The Guest Houses have been mentioned in publications including Cowboys & Indians, Texas Highways, Dallas Morning News, and, locally, Abilene Scene. The owner of the Sayles Ranch Guest Houses is obviously a creative force - photos of each interior speak to that and an Abilene Reporter-News article showcases his skill as a studio artist. Google Sayles Guest Ranch House to see that you are buying an established brand - everything from Abilene's Chamber of Commerce, regional museums, to Texas weekend-trip blogs tell travelers this is the place to stay when visiting Abilene.
Because of a long-term lease, Dance Hall is not showcased, but interior images of this unit can be seen on the Sayles Ranch Guest House site.
The Sayles Ranch Guest Houses website summarizes this offering best: "Evoking the mystique and romanticism of our frontier past, the Sayles Ranch Guesthouses create an enclave of upscale, un-hosted, whole-house rentals" - just add new ownership for the next chapter for these homes.
Total improved sf: 9,380 sf
Properties in portfolio: 5
Units available for lease: 8
Pro Forma Analysis
A pro forma analysis of the eight Sayles Ranch properties is available for review or download. In the pro forma, the following facts & assumptions were employed:
- Short-term and mid-term rents are reported by the owner. Short-term vacancy rates were taken from AirDNA - a short-term rental data source. Mid-term vacancy rates were taken from 1 year's worth of 1-month rentals advertised in MLS.
- Property taxes were taken for the current year from Taylor CAD.
- Gas, water, and electric were reported by owner.
- Estimate on housekeeping are based on Barnett & Hill housekeeping costs in tandem with short-term or mid-term occupancy rates.
- Lawn care and pool care are estimates
- Estimate on maintenance are based on Barnett & Hill maintenance costs used to analyze our current rental inventory of 400 properties. An adjustment by the user may be necessary for the fact that these homes are furnished.
- No expense was assumed for any fees associated marketing through a third-party, short-term / mid-term leasing site.
- To ascertain cash flow, debt was amortized for 20 years. It is assumed that the buyer will obtain lending at current market rates.